Saturday, January 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

Happy Birthday To You!!
Mom got this yummy piece of chocolate pie...can't think of a better way to top off a great breakfast...we passed the plate around and everyone got to have a bite. YUM!

Today is Mom's b-day! We all trekked up to Mimi's for a yummy breakfast. Of course there was scrumptious food, great company, many laughs, even some tears (some were from being touched by gifts, others came from laughing hysterically!) I tell you, when all of us Peterson's get together...it can be dangerous. I sort of feel bad for those who were sitting around us because maybe they just didn't get our crazy humor! But oh well, we were still ourselves even being in public. I must say that there is nothing I enjoy more than getting together with my family, we always have a great time. Check out these cute photos...I love the one of the birthday girl!

Mom showing off the lovely necklace that Liberty made her!

Everyone finishing up breakfast, and enjoying each other's company

Just outside Mimi's we stopped to get a photo of all of us...my Craig is taking the photo so he isn't in it but this is the gang (minus Cort's husband Aaron, and my Craig). I don't think it is fair to stick the huge prego lady in the front! But we got some good laughs from it. Notice Craig being his normal funny self!

I am so blessed to have such a wonderful mother! She is a lady that I continually look up to, who I love and cherish. She loves everyone of us with every ounce of her being and like she said today (kind of jokingly kind of not) the best part of each of us is our children. I don't know another Grammy who loves her grandbabies more! I am so thankful for her example and everything she does. There are so many things that I love about her that I can't even being to list them. She is great!

3 comments:

Amy-Sue and Gian Del Bello said...

Happy Birthday to your MOM! What a great family photo!

Cari said...

I think I cried all my makeup off! That was so much fun! I love getting together just adults. We really need to do more!

(At least you really are pregnant and don't just look pregnant like me! Yikes!!!! I REALLY need to do something about that.)

pati-Sue said...

Your Mom is a wonderful example to me and I love her, even though I do not get to see her very often. Happy Birthday to Suzanne!
Love, pati-Sue Ashcraft