Monday, January 5, 2009

Feeling Sort of Lost

So the kids went back to school today, and I didn't. I am not even sure I know how to feel. I woke up with a burst of energy, so I made blueberry pancakes for breakfast, got the kids up and ready, drove car pool for Caleb, then took Zach to the bus stop on the way to take Libby to school. That is where it hit me. Seeing all my cute co-workers, and having to let my little girl off at school with out me. AHHH! I honestly got choked up and felt pretty lost. This morning Libby asked me if she could wear one of my necklaces to help her feel me. Again, I almost lost it. She isn't used to me not being there and I am not used to it either! The boys thought it was pretty cool to have mom not stressed this morning and Zach kept thinking he was late.


There will be some adjustments for me. I love that I get to do my laundry during the day...you know little things like that. But I will miss this:
So I will just have to get used to a quiet house...being by myself...wearing my comfy mom suits...and getting things done. I have wished for this for a while and now it is hear! Hard to believe but it will be good for everyone! I feel like I can be the mom I have wanted to be for a long time! I hope it is as easy as I think it will be!

5 comments:

Cari said...

I'm sure it is quite the adjustment especially because you left a job you loved but try to enjoy the quiet while you can. Remember in a few short weeks you won't be home alone anymore!

Amy-Sue and Gian Del Bello said...

Enjoy some CRICKET time!!

Tori and Steve said...

We miss you too! Enjoy your quiet times!

Cortney Chambers said...

just enjoy it! soon you will have a new boss!

Shelly Kenison said...

How nice that libby still goes there, so you get a chance to see your friends regularly. Enjoy the peace and quiet, I am sure it won't last long with a baby on the way.