Monday, January 26, 2009

Craig's Day

Craig and his Dad just after Stake Conference. ( I wish the photo wasn't so dark!)

This past weekend was our Stake Conference. This is something that I always look forward to, our stake is amazing and our leaders a wonderful. It is always an uplifting and spiritual experience and I alway walk away strengthened. This Stake Conference was a bit different for us...a week ago at church our Stake Pres. asked to talk to Craig and I later that day. We went to the meeting and were shocked by a calling that was extended to Craig. He was called to be a member of the Stake High Council. He accepted and I agreed to support him in this new calling. Craig walked out of the meeting very solemn and shaken all at the same time. He feels under qualified and inadequate (which is how many of us feel when we get new callings). He had a week to let things sink in and honestly I don't think they have even now. Sunday came and as we sat in the Alpine Tabernacle awaiting his calling I could see both nerves, excitement, emotion and fear on his face. When his name was announced I felt so pleased with my cute hubby! His lower lip was quivering and I could tell he was overcome with emotion. We were able to have my parents and Craig's parents there along with many members of his family. It was a great experience for all of us. Right after the meeting he was ordained a High Priest by his dad and surrounded by his brothers and my dad. Immediately following that he was set apart as a member of the High Council. It was a day I am sure we won't soon forget. He still is feeling overwhelmed...but I think he is excited to get to work. This will be a change for our family...but we are excited for the growth and experiences that will come with it.

6 comments:

Jan said...

I'm not surprised at all. I'm thinking he's on his way to General Authority! That is awesome and I know he'll do a great job. He is an amazing person. CONGRATS!

Amy-Sue and Gian Del Bello said...

Wow! How exciting! Congratulations!

Cari said...

He will do a great job! Especially with such a loving, supportive wife and family!

That's a great picture of him and his dad. Photoshop could lighten a little.

Greg and/or Angie said...

Congratulations, Craig. It's not something you seek, but you have to feel good to be worthy of the calling. Now, go put 'em to sleep!

Greg

Cortney Chambers said...

what a neat day for your family!

Shelly Kenison said...

What an awesome opportunity. I am sure he will be great at his new calling. He has been blessed to grow up surrounded by such positive examples that I am sure it will come very naturally to him.