Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day 7

Day 7 ... I LOVE ... FRIED ICE CREAM DESSERT!





Okay, I was just introduced to this yummy dessert at a High Council Christmas party. From what I hear I have been out of the loop cause almost everyone I know has the recipe. I love always loved fried ice cream but hardly ever get it when we go out for mexican. But this dessert is tasty...and so very easy! You must try it if you haven't. Here is the recipe:


Fried Ice Cream Dessert (The recipe I was given calls it Christmas Dessert, but there is NO NEED to wait for Christmas for this yumminess!)

1 stick butter melted

2 cups Rice Cripies
1 cup coconut
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup chopped cashews
Mix well - press 1/2 to 2/3 of mixture in 9x13 pan.
Slice 1/2 gallon ice cream (vanilla) 3/4" thick - lay on top of crust layer. Smooth until even in pan.
Sprinkle the rest of the crumbs on top.
Freeze
Topping:
1 pkg raspberry Danish Dessert
1 pkg frozen raspberries
Follow directions for sauce on box.
Add raspberries.
Keep sauce at room temp
To serve:
cut ice cream into squares and top with raspberry sauce. VERY YUMMY!
Try it and see if you fall in love with it! Let me know.

1 comments:

cortney said...

ok, i'm out of the loop too--i've never heard of it, but fried and dessert in the same thing---must be good!