Thursday, February 18, 2010

Apron Contest

Most of you know that I wear an apron everyday to work. It is a plain red apron with Miss Cricket embroidered along the top. I actually really like wearing it, teaching art sometimes can be messy and it saves my clothing.
This year for Valentine's Day a teacher at work decided it would be fun to decorate our aprons and have a contest. There was a chocolate prize....come on what woman wouldn't want to participate if there is chocolate involved. So I decided to make it easy, but still cute. This is what I came up with...
(this photo makes Craig's face and neck look huge, it doesn't look that way in real life!)
I took a photo of Craig and took it to the copy place and had it blown up...traced my hands on a few different colors and made them into flowers, there is actually a hand written note hanging by the bow a little love note from Craig. I wore it and got alot of laughs, strange looks from my students and some parents (I don't think they knew about the contest) but some
parents loved it.

Funny thing happened when I walked into the 1-5th grade classroom, they were lining up to go to lunch, one boy...laughed as he said...
"Wow, Miss Cricket, is that Donny Osmond?"
For the record, I don't think that Craig looks like Donny Osmond at all! But I did however think this comment was so funny, we all did. I told a class of 3 year olds that he was my Valentine and one said, "Oh, he's your daddy!" It thought that was cute.

It was a fun day, and the aprons were definatley the talk of the school. I didn't win the yummy chocolate, and that's okay, the winner's apron was very cute! Let's be honest I don't need another bite of chocolate!

3 comments:

Amy-Sue and Gian Del Bello said...

So cute...and so good for your hubby's ego!! Love it

Cari said...

Hee hee...Donny Osmond! I bet Craig loved that comment! :) Very cute, Cricket!

journeytojohanssontown said...

I love the apron and now everytime I look at craig I am going to think of Donny Osmond. Also I tagged you on my blog.