Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Announcement

There should be an official announcment here on the blog...





Brit Runner Veenker


was born Tuesday, February 24, 2009 @ 11:06 am


weighing in at 9 pounds 10 ounces; measuring 21.5 inches long




We as a family are very happy to have him here with us. He is adorable, he has stolen our hearts already!



Now for the story that fills in the gaps from Monday's post. Just after I finsihed posting the post about how bad my day was, I had to get up and change the laundry so Caleb would have clean/dry jeans for the next day. I was going to crawl into bed but decided to wait until I was sure they were dry before I got into bed. I got comfy on the couch and turned on the tv...I don't know how long after I had fallen alseep I realized that my water had broken. I was so wasted already, that when it all was happening, I was totally in a daze. Craig even mentioned that. I was trying to get everything ready for the kids while I was gone, and still gather the last minute things I would need for the hospital. It seemed surreal. We made it to the hospital at about 1:oo am, I was admitted and then waited to see if my body would start labor by itself. Nothing...so at about 2:30 they started the pitosin (spelling???) on a very low dose. By 7:30ish when the dr. came to check on me he told them to give me the highest dose so we could get things going. I was given my epidural at about 8:00 am and once that took complete effect, I took a nice nap until 10:30 am. I was woken up telling me to get ready to have the baby. At about 11:00am things were rolling, with 3 contractions I pushed and Brit was here! We were a bit shocked at how big he was, especially because he is 3 weeks early! YIKES! I have never been one to love being in the hospital, it is nice to have meals brought right to me, and snacks available when I need them...but I can't wait to get home. It will be real our family will be complete and together. It was a shock to me that he came when he did, but man am I thankful...I don't know how much longer I could have carried him. I was miserable!
PS - My feet are still as big as bricks, and yes I pretty much look like I am still 8 months prego, but Brit somehow makes me forget about these things. So yes, I have a new battle ahead of me, but I am just not goingto worry about that right now! It will come soon enough!

3 comments:

Cari said...

He is adorable!

Amy-Sue and Gian Del Bello said...

Congratulations Cricket...and family!!! He's a handsome little guy! Enjoy.

texaswilliams said...

Cricket!! Glad he is here! So happy to have found you guys. Great blog!