Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!!!

We had a very busy day today! We headed up to Draper to meet up with the family for brunch before going to the Draper Temple Open House. We met at mom & dad's house and had a great brunch...lots of yummy food to eat. The kids exchanged Valentines in the most unique way...I had to take a photo of it cause it made me laugh!

This was the exchange of Valentines...instead of lining bags up or something easy...no everyone stood in the middle of the room yelling to each other 'Hey, did you get one from me?" I couldn't help but laugh. Funny thing is that it worked. Everyone seemed to get one from everyone else. Amazing. It was very funny to watch valentines treats being thrown around the room.

After eating, exchanging and chatting for a while we headed to our designated spot for the open house. We chose a busy day to go...but I am glad we did. I hope my children won't ever forget going. The bus ride up to the temple was a high light for the little children...they loved it. I sort got a glimpse of what a sardine must feel like. We were squished in. We arrived at the temple and started the walk through...it was so nice to see our group of 22 so respectful and reverent. Even the youngest understood that we were inside a holy temple. It was a wonderful experience for all of us. After going through the whole temple they had a wonderful display set up in an adjacent church building with cookies and water for everyone. The kids thought that was icing on the cake. I loved that we could be a part of it. In a couple of weeks we get a chance to attend the Dedication. What a great thing to always remember.

The Draper Temple


Zacg having a fun time talking to Papa on the bus. He loved that he got to stand up.


Here we are just as we finished our tour. I told you I was HUGE!!

I will admit...the tour took its toll on me...it was physically taxing on me. It was extremely warm in the temple and all the walking made my feet HUGE!!! I was wiped out. But that didn't stop us from having our family Valentines dinner when we got home. Once again we had heart shape pizza, salad, red punch with heart shaped ice and cheese cakes. YUM! We had a great time being together as a family. After dinner, the kids wanted to go play basketball ... I know how romantic!!! We went and we had a good time being together, we came home and watched Down and Derby (Zach got this for Valentines Day).


Waiting to eat our Heart Shaped dinner.

Caleb taking a shot.

Zach just enjoying shooting around. He love basketball.

Here is the gang playing a quick game...Caleb and Zach against Liberty and Craig.

Liberty loved dribbling the ball all over the gym. She had a lot of fun!

the night would not have been complete with a big jump from Craig. The kids thought this was awesome! They say it looks like he is walking in air.

It was a eventful yet fun day! It was great to spend time with family.
Happy Valentine's Day 2009!

2 comments:

Cari said...

I can't believe you didn't go into labor after that! Seriously. You're a trooper! :)

What a crazy, chaotic, fun day!

Hey Jude! said...

Why should we make anything organized and easy when we can just make it wild and chaotic?
It was fun seeing you guys this weekend!