Saturday, November 15, 2008

Playing HOOKIE!!!

So Thursday afternoon I decided to take Friday off. It was very well needed. I have been really tired and honestly have had something every night after school so nothing at home was getting done. I needed to take action. I found a sub and looked forward to have a day to get things done while being able to relax.

Friday morning I started to think about while growing up my mom would let us stay home just because every once in a while. Well, as I walked downstairs to wake up the kids, I decided to make them so happy and let them stay home with me. I think they loved me more yesterday morning then they ever have. I just laughed as I walked back upstairs letting them catch up on sleep.

We got their rooms cleaned and laundry folded and put away. It was nice to have that accomplishled. They were good helpers, and they even went and cleaned up all the leaves in the front yard. I am sure that anyone who drove by wondered why they were home. But it was a great day. When afternoon hit, I think I had totally overdone myself and I crashed. Craig came home and took the kids to dinner and to the Bean Museum at BYU. A place they love to go. This is the first time they got to see the White Rhino...since we were in the newspaper a few months ago. See article (http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4188/is_/ai_n21143552). They thought it was pretty cool.

They had a good time and even ran an errand to WalMart and Caleb was thought to be shoplifting when Zach said, "I get shot gun" he and Caleb took off running out the doors, Caleb just happened to have a new toaster oven (which is very well needed here at home!) that wasn't bagged. The door greeter went running after him yelling "young man" until Craig caught up and showed him the reciept. I wish I could have seen that. I still laugh when I think of it. Zach ended up in shot gun. Even after all of that. So funny.

It was a fun day, even if I was wiped out by the end of it. Sometimes those days are just needed. It made me really excited for Dec. 19th which happens to be my last day of work. I think I will be able to get things accomplished that have been put on the back burner for far too long. I can't wait.

2 comments:

Cari said...

Everyone needs days like that! Every now and then my kids have "sick and tired" days (except Jake because that is against all he stands for--whatever.)

The shoplifter story is classic! I can't wait to tease the little clepto about that!

Cortney Chambers said...

these are my favorite kind of days--stay in your pajamas, clean up, make cookies, etc. i love it---life is meant to slow down and have these days more than we allow them to happen.