Monday, March 1, 2010

Valentine's Dinner

A few years ago, I decided that Valentine's day needed to be more of a family holiday. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy going out with Craig and having our adult dinner with the Veenker side, but I wanted to make it fun for the kids also. I started a new tradition of having a "HEART DINNER" with them on Valentine's night. Craig and I would rather go out a different night to beat the crowds. We always have a great time, each year I have been able to pick up something to add to the festivities...just to make it exciting. Look how much fun we had this year!
Everyone toasting to a great Valentine's Day!


Just before eating...


The centerpiece...Craig gave me these roses.

Heart shaped brownies.

This years new addition...red goblets with heart stems.

Heart ice cubes.

Homemade heart shaped breadsticks.

The meal consisted of Heart shaped pizza, breadsticks, caesar salad (not heart shaped), yummy red punch with heart ice, heart shaped brownies and chocolate covered strawberries. It was a great meal followed by a movie night. Can't wait until next year!!!