Friday, March 19, 2010

Saint Patricks Day 2010

Once again the festivities started early in the morning at our house. Craig came up to me and pinched me thinking I didn't have green on but little did he know that I had already painted my fingernails green...so I had to get him back!

We had a great breakfast of green french toast, but Liberty doens't like that so she asked me to make her a bowl of cereal and I did and added a couple of drops of food coloring right in the middle of the bowl, she took it and looked at it and said "Mom you added food coloring didn't you?" I answered, "That sneaky Leprechan, he just couldn't hold it a second longer and he peed in your cereal." The look on her face was priceless! But she laughed and hurried to eat her cereal.

We had to make sure to get pictures of all the kids wearing the fun Leprechan hat!!!
Caleb turns 14 in a month.
Caleb was a good sport, before he left for school he was kind of making fun of me for getting so into the holidays, I put him in his place by saying, "I just hope you have a cool wife like your mom, cause if not, you'll miss this!"

Zach 9.5 years old.

Liberty turns 7 next month.




Brit already a year old!

Of course we had our yummy green dinner. This year St. Pat's day fell on Wednesday, which happens to be the busiest day around here, so we had to be quick eating our dinner to get Lib to gymnastics and Caleb off to YM, and wait for Zach to get home from scouts, and catch Craig before his meetings. Somehow we fit everything in.
(Please excuse the laundry in the background...how embarassing!)

Every toasting to GREEN!

Brit wasn't so sure about all of this GREEN!

To end the yummy GREEN dinner, I found this idea online and had to try it, a rainbow cake. It was a hit, mine doesn't look as great as the one online, but it was fun!
The house was decorated, green was worn, green glitter was sprayed in hair, photos of kids wearing the leprechan hat, green food eaten, the only thing missing Irish dancing! Maybe next year! I hope your day was as fun as ours!

2 comments:

Cari said...

Yay for traditions! You're so fun! Caleb loves it all. He's just too cool to admit it! :)

journeytojohanssontown said...

I love that cake!!!