Thursday, September 3, 2009

Picking My Battles

Okay, every game day around here the boys wear their jersey to school, I get it, it's a team thing, and I don't mind. This morning when Caleb walked upstairs, all I heard was Liberty snickering, and said, "tall socks with shorts". I was worried.

I rounded the corner and saw this...





I had to phyically bite my tongue and think to myself...PICK YOUR BATTLES. I remember my mom telling me that as a mother there are just some things that aren't worth fighting over. She said that I need to pick my battles and pick them wisely. Today I had to exercise this, I was dying inside, but tried to remain calm when I asked him, "why are you wearing those socks?" I think I handled it okay, he told me that other boys on the team did it too. I made him change his shoes, he originally had on gray nikes, I told him he had to wear black shoes, cause he was currently looking like he should strap his fanny pack on and hang his camera from his neck. This being a mom of a teenage boy (who is now bigger than I am) is going to be difficult. But hey, like I told myself, if that is the worst thing he does these days I will take it hands down.



*** Just as a side note...I laughed my head off when Caleb got home and Craig saw him, Craig just looked at Caleb and said, "you need to tuck in that jersey it is too long!" I freaked out, I said, "seriously you are worried about the jersey...check out the socks." I guess I don't get men!

5 comments:

Cari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cari said...

I'm sorry Caleb, but I laughed my head off when I saw this! It reminded me of this episode at our house. Boys! You gotta love 'em!

cortney said...

first of all, he looks huge in that picture--huge as in all grown up!
the tucking in thing is so funny too---i actually think the tucking in would've made it gone from bad to worse!
but, honestly at least it's just random and funny--you're not worrying about purple hair or something!

Brooklynn said...

Oh Cricket! I love your kids and I can so see Libby snickering at Caleb, I can also see myself oing that!

Wendy Waggoner said...

So Brooklynn told me about this and within a week, Chris dressed the same way! (Brooklynn thought it was hilrious)I'm thinking they may have fit in just fine at school:)