Friday, September 18, 2009

Just Stuff

So this post really has no rhyme or reason, it is just a list of funny/strange things that have happened over the past few days.

*This morning I got dressed for work, (keep in mind we have a dress code of black, white, and new this year gray, I have never heard women be so excited about gray when this was announced) I put on some white capri's and a black shirt, chunky black sandals, it was a good hair day, I felt okay...I walked into Craig's office and his comment was

"I thought you weren't supposed to wear white on the bottom after Labor Day"

My comment back to him was...not when you have my dress code! After I walked out of his office, I just started to laugh...who would have thought the day would come that my hubby was giving me fashion advice!!!

*Tonight Craig is at an 11 year old Scout camp out at Mutual Dell. He is the Stake Priesthood rep there. As he was walking out in his "full" scout uniform (I so wish I would have snapped a photo!!!) I had to give him the run down, you know my stress of camping and outdoors. I had to remind him not to leave any food in his tent. I told him to sleep with a whistle by his side, I drilled him about having a whistle and went and find one for him, but he just smiled, and got his out of his pocket and blew it to re-assure me. I also told him if he sees a bear to pull his coat up by the hem over his head (to make him as look as big as possible) and to make lots of noise. He just smiled and listened. I kissed my cute scouter good-bye and can't wait until he is back home tomorrow afternoon.

*Tonight I dropped my Caleb off at the high school football game all by himself. On our drive over to the high school I asked him (more like told him) if anything happens you call me. Yes, I sent him with my cute pink phone in his pocket. I told him if something serious happened to find his uncle or aunt who was there (I hope they don't mind I told him that, I am sure they are okay with it). I told him to stay with good boys and enjoy himself. After he agreed to do all of the above, he jumped out of the car and stood in line to pay and me being the mom I am, I sat in my car and watched him, making sure he got in and I seriously watched him until I couldnt' see him anymore. WOW! It is hard to realize that my children are getting older and more responsible.

*Liberty and I were talking the other day and I was asking her if she had made any friends at her new school. She thought for a minute and said, "Yep, I am friends with a girl named Autumn. But don't worry mom, she's not ODD, her name is spelled with and AU not ODD." I went in the other room and laughed. Thanks Lib for the clarification. I was pretty worried for a second!

While driving up to my parents house, we rounded the corner onto their street...Zach totally out of the blue says "You know how to tell it's a woman's money? You smell it!" Everyone started laughing, I had to have him repeat what he had said cause I didn't hear him the first time. I asked him what are you smelling, his reply...PERFUME!

You see my life, is full of great moments. I wish we could slow down so I could remember more of the funny things that happen or are said. But for now you get a taste of the stuff that goes on in my life!