Friday, August 1, 2008

Seven Peaks & Kung Fu Panda

Here we are just about to go into the movie!

While looking at the calendar a few days ago, I realized that the summer is all but over and I was feeling the need to do something fun with the family. After work one evening we went out to see Kung Fu Panda. We all love going to the movies, as long as there is popcorn involved! (one bag has to have the yummy fake butter and alot of it, and one bag has to be plain and don't mess it up! OR ELSE!!!) We loved the movie, there were parts that I thought Zach was going to fall off his chair, he was laughing so hard.
This is the photo that was taken right as we were leaving 7 Peaks, Liberty wasn't ready to go can you tell?


The next morning which happened to be the 24th of July, Pioneer Day, which is a holiday for Craig we packed up early and headed out to 7 Peaks. We made sure we were there early so we could get a shady spot to lounge. We ended up waiting in line to get in and yep, we got our shady spot! That made for a much better day! It was hot and the fam just needed a little bit of outdoor water fun. We played in the Lazy River and went down the slides.

These photos were taken of the boys coming down the very first slide they went on. Zach was a bit timid as you can tell, Caleb came down so fast I wasn't ready so just got him in the pool, and Craig somehow lost his glasses after falling into the pool. He has them on in the photos but when he came up he didn't and we never found them. Strange.





Here is Liberty enjoying the children's area. This girl could have played in here for hours.
So much fun, but with the fun comes the pain, even with applying sunscreen, the kids got sunburned. They burn so easily that it is crazy. After getting home and applying our Milk of Magnesium (our secret remedy for sunburns) this is what the kids looked like! Sore Red Backs! They were moving kind of slow from this one.

Everyone had a great time, and at least we did something. This summer has been SO BUSY! Just like always but I can't beleive how fast it has flown by. So sad!

2 comments:

Amy-Sue and Gian Del Bello said...

What fun!!! I love water parks, mostly to just float around the lazy river! But, ohhh, those sunburns look PAINFUL! Ouch. Sun can be brutal.

Cari said...

I love the Lazy River! I haven't returned to 7 Peaks since my embarrassing moment there. (I think I've told you about it.) My kids have though. I'm sorry about the sunburns. The curse of fair skin! I can relate.