Thursday, August 20, 2009

School Is Cool!

School started today! As always last night we gathered everything we needed laid out clothes and Craig was able to give everyone a Father's Back To School Blessing, which is a tradition. And of course we didn't get everyone in their beds until 10:30 pm, we're still working on that one. But bright and early the kids were up with smiles on their faces, anticipations were running high, and the excitment could be felt. I made blueberry waffles and we all sat down to eat together, which is something I love about school. Everyone got ready and waited, when Caleb's carpool came to pick him up Lib and Zach thought they should head over to the bus stop (they still had about 45 minutes to wait). They all sat looking out the front window as friends and neighbors drove by. Finally I walked with them over to the bus stop and waited another 25 minutes or so. As more children got there the excitment of learning who had what teacher and the talk of the bus driver being mean, and what was for lunch in the cafeteria, it all brought a smile to my face. After a long wait the bus finally came, I watched as Zach so kindly led Liberty onto the bus and watched them sit together and seeing the big smiles on their faces, and yes, I cried! Well, I didn't loose my composure but I got teary. Liberty is so excited to go to Grovecrest, ride the bus, and eat school lunch. Zach is being a great big brother and promised to show her around. I love it! It is a bit quiet around here today, Brit is napping and I have some time to myself. It is like a double edged sword, I love it but hate it at the same time. It is hard to see my children growing up but the excitement that comes with it is amazing! Here's to a great school year!


Caleb my big 8th Grader! (I swear I am not old enough for this)

Zach my 3rd Grader!

Liberty my 1st Grader!

Liberty and Zach watching and waiting for the bus

Brit wondering where all his friends went! There may be some sadness on his part...3 siblings who waited on him hand and foot are going to be gone all day long, what's a boy to do?


*Just a side note...Liberty and I went the rounds about her having to wear a dress to school. I had a totally different dress pick out for her to wear. She was in tears saying no one else will be wearing a dress. But I put my foot down and we compromised with her wearing a skirt. She picked the longest skirt she has and I hope it won't be a problem. Growing up I had to wear skirts or dresses 3 times a week. I ALWAYS wore a dress on the first day, but obviously times have changed because she was right...no other girls had on skirts or dresses (at least not that I saw) which kind of makes me sad. I hope that Liberty will want to wear skirts, I think that it is important. And plus they have so many cute skirts out these days. This could be a battle forever but I hope not. Craig and I didn't see eye to eye either, he didn't see the need for her to wear a skirt. But after all of that I won, and she looked darling! Everyone at the bus stop told her she did!
* Another thought I had this morning as I waited for the bus....When it is finally time for Brit to start school ... Caleb will be on his MISSION!!! Now that is a crazy thought!

3 comments:

Amy-Sue and Gian Del Bello said...

Back to school? Already? Wow. Enjoy your one-on-one time with that sweet little boy. Love Liberty's skirt and her flower in her hair! Happy 2009-2010 school year to you all!

Cari said...

This year I don't have to worry about what Emma will wear...she's wearing "the dress" and that's that. Tradition. Next year may be similar to your battle! :) I love how you all had breakfast together. That wouldn't happen here unless we all woke up at 6:00 and that wouldn't fly with my younger kids. Hope it's a great year for you all! I sure do love my cute nephews and niece!

cortney said...

ok, that is a very crazy thought about brit in school and caleb on his mission! yikes!
they are look really cute for their first day.