Monday, August 3, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House

We finally made it up to the Temple Open House...we decided to leave Brit at home with Grammy and Papa which made it nice but also we felt a little off not having him there with us. I couldn't believe how much smoother this Open House went in comparison to the Draper Temple. Night and Day, if you ask me! It was really pretty and I loved the colors they used inside the Temple. But when I really stop and think about it, the temples are always perfectly done. I feel really blessed to be able to take the family to so many open houses and dedications. As a child I don't remember ever having this experience, Craig remembers going to the Provo re-dedication as a child. (I am pretty sure he told me that, I hope I didn't just make it up, but somewhere in the back of my mind I remember that! If it ends up that he didn't sorry!) But what an experience to remember. In just a couple of weeks we get the chance to go to the dedication of this temple. I hope that my children will always remember this. One of the coolest things about this temple is while standing on the the grounds you can look over the valley and see the Draper and the Jordan River Temples from its front steps. Pretty cool, at least I thought so.
Cool shot that Caleb snapped for our Stake Temple Extravaganza later this week.
This was when we were really feeling odd about not having Brit with us. Someone is missing, sorry Brit!
Here we are waiting for the movie to start. (Not sure what Liberty is doing.)

1 comments:

Amy-Sue and Gian Del Bello said...

That temple looks beautiful! But, can we just say...you know you live in Utah when you are standing at one temple and can see two more in the distance?! Seriously now.