Monday, October 6, 2008

General Conference Weekend

Conference Weekend!

Caleb and Craig on their way to Priesthood Session Saturday Night. Look at my handsome guys!

I must say that I get so excited for General Conference weekends. This one was no exception. It pretty much fills my cup in many different ways. Not only do we get to be uplifted and taught by our amazing church leaders, we get to relax. Pajamas are a must in our household. No one gets out of them. This year we had to get dressed for a short time so we could go to Zach's football game. We thought we would spare everyone else in the crowd!








Liberty and I playing around with the camera at Zach's game



It was the perfect weekend...it rained all day on Saturday. If that doesn't just seem like the invitation to stay inside and hang with the family I don't know what does. Our family loves it, there is lots of food lingering in the cupboards and wonderful breakfasts are a must! Life is great.



Notice how they all have thumbs up!


Everyone stakes out where they are going to sit for the upcoming session and if we get up we have to save our spots or it is up for grabs. Liberty did a lot of coloring, Zach and Caleb would throw a football back and forth to each other on occasion. Craig would close his eyes every so often but would swear he wasn't sleeping check the photo...tell me what you think.



Craig somehow got the bean bag almost every session...I caught him with his eyes closed many times. I wish I would have gotten a photo of him wrapped up in the pink Strawberry Shortcake blanket. It would have been priceless!


I was the snack girl since I was the one who bought everything and stratigically hid everything so it wouldn't get eaten before Saturday. I must say that I loved every minute of it. I think the children loved it too. Sunday afternoon we had Christopher come over to watch the last session with us. This brought some great conversation....




Caleb: (raising his hand in the air, looking into his armpit) "hey look, I have armpit hair!

Christopher: (doing the same thing) "whatever, mine are longer!


Zach: (running over to check both boys armpits) " I can't see anything!"


Both Caleb & Christopher: (pointing out the tiny hairs) "Look, its right there!"

Christopher showing off the evidence...I can't see anything!

By this time I was on the bean bag cracking up! I couldn't believe they were discussing this. And the thing that got me most was they were completely serious. Absolutely hillarious! I never thought I would hear 12 & 13 year olds (or see them for that matter) examine their armpit hair!

Boys will be boys!
I am pretty sure that Liberty colored about 50 pictures! She was in heaven!
We had a great time, felt rejuvinated & well fed, both spiritually and physically! Can't wait until April!