Tuesday, January 24, 2012

He's Permitted!





Caleb got his permit in October. He could have gotten it last April but thought he should read the book before hand. It didn't take him 6 months to read it, we were just so busy that it kept being pushed back. Finally, without even really reading the book we went one afternoon on a whim. He had to take the test 2 times, doing pretty badly the first time and then coming to the car to take the practice test on my phone a few times then returning to pass with only missing 3.

It was rush hour when we left the DMV and he was begging to drive home. I couldn't let him, as a mom, I just was sort of freaking out! However, when we got closer to home, I pulled over and let him drive the back way home. I know, I am really nice right? He has had lots of practice since then, and only one time scared the TAR out of me! Let's just say I saw the lives of all my kids, my husband and myself flash before me eyes...seriously 15 seconds of TERROR on the freeway! But he will be a good driver. Maybe it's just the fact that I can't believe that he is old enough to be driving. I know, I know, I need to face the facts, my boy is growing up!



Caleb driving for the first (legitimate) time 11-11-11

0 comments: