Sunday, January 23, 2011

I'll Paint You A Picture

This week has been great!

It went something like this...

Monday: Caleb taught a great lesson in FHE

Tuesday: I was able to go to a Stake RS Meeting in which Sister Julie Beck (General RS President) spoke to us. She was amazing! I loved every minute of it. She opened my mind and heart to many things.

Wednesday: I put some of the things I had learned Tuesday night into action and made the decision that it feels good to be aligned with good things.

Thursday: Craig and I were able to go to Ward Temple night. I always love going to the Temple but being surrounded by so many neighbors and friends makes it even better.

Friday: Craig and I went out on a date. That always make the week good.

Saturday: The Adult Session of Stake Conference. The speakers seemed to be just for me! I loved every one of them.

Sunday: Stake Conference General Meeting. Which again was very good. The talks and testimonies were presented so well. During this meeting I had a very unique experience. Let me paint the picture for you...

We were all sitting together which hasn't happened for about 6 months ... I thought to myself, this is great! Well, Zach was already squirming around asking if it was almost over. Brit was talking way to loud, Liberty was asking me to hand her crayons while she was trying to draw a picture, and Caleb said he needed some popcorn and had a wedgie. So that gives you an idea of how much I was hearing just before the rest hymn. When the rest hymn was announced as "Called to Serve" I got chills. So there I was in the middle of the chapel, and we all stood and began to sing. I looked to one side and had Zach standing next to me, sort of dancing as he sung, and I smiled. Brit begging to be picked up, so I did. Tall Caleb on the other side of me singing out, Liberty standing on the other side of Craig, trying not to be seen as she tried to step up on the pew. We all were standing and singing, I loved listening to my family sing this song, knowing every word to it. I teared up, and at that moment I realized that I was surrounded by my missionaries! My boys are growing so fast, it seems like just yesterday that it was Caleb begging to be picked up! It was a sweet experience to know and feel the strength that they all have. They have testimonies and they have a love for the gospel. I cried the entire song, and even after we all sat down. I feel so blessed to have such an amazing family. I love watching them grow up and yes it does make me cringe to think that in 5 short years Caleb will be heading out on his mission. I cringe from nerves and excitement. Just like every mother. I thought to myself...am I doing the things I need to to be able to teach my children by example. I realized again that I have a huge responsibility and I need to do more, be better and teach them. More tears came. My little moment was probably not noticed by any, but to me it just made my week all the better. I don't think I will ever forget today.

There's the picture, I hope I made it seem clear and not blurry. It was a great week for me, and I hope you too!

1 comments:

cortney said...

i love those moments when you are just filled with gratitude!

i want to hear more about sis. beck's talk---we need a sister's night---soon!