Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Jammed Packed Weekend!


WOW! What a weekend...we had a lot of fun.







I am pretty sure that this photo will got down in history for the most random birthday picture taken for our family. Caleb wasn't feeling well, Liberty is wearing some weird Christmas pajama shirt, and check out the sunburn on Zach's arms. Note...4x3=12. We couldn't figure out how to show how old Caleb was...this is what they came up with.



Friday: Caleb turned 12 on Friday! I cannot believe how fast he is growing up! YIKES! Happy Birthday! Caleb is a huge BYU fan, Craig and I got him a 2008 season football ticket. He was very happy about that. Friday after school (which happened to be the start of our week long spring break! YEAH!) we got a visit from Grammy & Papa, it was great to see them. When Craig got home from work we ventured out to Caleb's first YM/YW activity which happened to be a BYU Mens Volleyball game. Of course our entire family decided to go so we could all be together. Well, me being the mom I am was looking for a way to really celebrate his big day. Well as the game got going I quickly found just the guy to help me. I walked up to this guy (who had been walking around the crowd with a microphone!) asked him if he could get the crowd to sing to Caleb. He didn't let me down. After the first game I took Caleb down to the court (Caleb acted like he didn't know what was going on but I am still not sure) this guy introduced Caleb to the crowd and told everyone it was his 12th birthday. It was great the ENTIRE crowd (and the game was well atteneded) sang to my boy! Caleb was so embarassed, he does this thing with his toungue inside his mouth when he get nervous our embarassed. It was really fun. Our ward was congratulating him as we walked back up to our seats. Oh but the highlight of the night was when this same guy found Max Hall in the crowd. (Max Hall is the BYU quarterback, and just so happens to be Caleb's current BYU hero!) Caleb was in awe! I could tell he wanted his autograph so badly, but wasn't about to walk up to him alone. So Liberty being the great little sister, and it doesn't hurt that she hasn't learned embarassment yet...says to Caleb, "I'll do it!" Caleb walked her down to where he was sitting and Liberty walked right up to him and got an autograph. Of course it was written to her! That wouldn't cut it for Caleb...so he got the nerve up and asked for his own. I couldn't have planned it better myself...Max Hall looked up at Caleb and said,



"Hey, you're the Birthday Boy, aren't you?"





Caleb was so shocked that Max Hall would remember him! He was in heaven. They got their autographs and the night was complete. It was a great b-day for Caleb. Zach and Liberty had a great time also, before Liberty was so willing to help Caleb out, she came to me and asked for a paper and pen. When I asked her what she needed them for she said, "I'm going to go get Cosmo's signature!" That little girl wandered around the Smith Fieldhouse until she was able to finally get his attention and get the signature. She was on cloud nine! Zach on the other hand was doing everything he could with some friends from the ward to get Cosmo to come over to where we were sitting. When he finally came over...Zach thought it would be cool to jump up and wack poor Cosmo in the head! Boys will be boys. Cosmo turned around and gave him high five! Nice...I was telling Zach that wasn't nice and Cosmo is doing high fives! When will I ever figure out boys?



If you look really closely, you will see Caleb standing at center court being sung to! He is wearing a gray shirt and jeans.




Here is Zach with Cosmo, just after he had wacked him in the head!




Liberty with Cosmo



Saturday: came along and the day was planned with not much time to spare! Craig took the boys back down to BYU for a Football Clinic and the Spring Blue and White game. They had a great time, got sunburned, and loved hanging with the boys. Some of their cousins were there and it was fun to be with them. Shortly after they got home Liberty and I headed out with some of the cousins and aunts to go out to dinner and then to the Miss Pleasant Grove Pageant. We went to support Scott's girlfriend Stephanie. She did an amazing job. Way to go Stephanie! The night was full of laughing, and enjoying girl time!



Here we are waiting for the pageant to start. It was a great girls night!

The boys awaiting the football clinic to start.


Sunday: was church of course, a few meetings, a fast nap after the meetings & then back to the church where Caleb was ordained a Deacon. It is hard for me to believe that he is this old but seriously there has been a change in him that I am amazed by. He is becoming a great young man. It was a great night with family members there to share it with us. Someone said "Caleb we think you're a stud!" I would have to say I full-heartedly agree! My son is a totaly stud!
Me, Caleb & Grammy! Nice smile Caleb!!!


Craig, Caleb & Me...proud parents! We Love You Caleb!


Papa, Caleb, Craig, & Grandpa Veenker!

Monday: we woke up (late of course, it's SPRING BREAK!) Liberty and I went to run some errands while the boys played with cousins. Scott (aka Elder Veenker) left the MTC Monday morning for the airport to travel to Argentina. Grandpa had been working on a sign to hang from a building that a family friend is building...so we wanted to see it. The sign was not to be missed it was perfect. Great job Grandpa! I wanted to get some photos for the boys to see, but I only had my phone with me. Dang! I came home to find these photos sent by email.


Here is the cool sign! I am sure it wasn't missed!

Funny story, Craig's Dad just hung out in the second story window seen just below the sign watching for the MTC bus to drive by on the freeway. Cool photo...he caught a photo of the bus while driving up to the airport. Scott told him he got a photo of him sitting in the window under the sign. Oh the things a parent will do! (Scott got to call from the Airport I think)

Good Luck in Argentina Elder Veenker!!! We Love You!


I can't understand why this post has taken me 5 days to get posted. Spring Break is now almost over! I will post photos of that later. Hopefully it won't take me so long to do that!







2 comments:

Amy-Sue and Gian Del Bello said...

Cricket...You are NOT old enough to have a 12 year old!!!! Holy cow! You look fabulous!!! Sounds like you have been busy, busy. Any plans on coming to California?? I would love to see you (and your cute family)...Disneyland, maybe???
Love, Amy-Sue

Cari said...

Caleb is a stud! I love how he has taken his new role as priesthood holder so seriously. I'm so happy I was able to make it to his ordination and to be able to hear his strong testimony. He's an awesome young man and is setting such a great example. You've done well little sister!


(P.S. I've got the cutest nieces and nephews! Love the farmers "burn" Zach!)

(P.S.S That sign is priceless! That must have made Scott's day! I can't believe that cute little kid is on a mission! Time does fly.)